Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· The One-Time Payment can be used for payments upon hire such as sign-on bonuses, housing one-time payments, and postdoctoral fellow supplements. One-Time Payments can also be used post-hire for spot bonuses or referral bonuses.
· To complete this business process, you need the following information:
· Date of payment
· Amount of One-Time Payment
· Reason for One-Time Payment
· Requesting a One-Time Payment can be initiated on an ad-hoc basis.
· A One-Time Payment with the Reason Sign On Bonus requires an attachment.
· In the case of a One-Time Payment for the Reason Layoff with Severance, a To-Do step to complete a One-Time Payment will route to the Shared Services Office to complete the One-Time Payment during the Termination process.
· To administer a one-time payment, an unfilled position in your supervisory organization needs to be available.
· Please indicate in the comments the details of the One-Time Payment including FAS account, FAS sub account (soon to be known as COA/POETAF), and the dollar amount. If you prefer to initiate the One-Time Payment yourself, you can do that by following this QRG.
· The Additional Information field in the One-Time Payment form is required. Details on why the payment is being administered should be entered into this field.
· An Academic HRP can initiate a One-Time Payments for academic employees who sit in a supervisory organization outside of the ones they are responsible for.
· The business process routes through the Academic HR Partner of the primary supervisory organization and through the Budget Partner for approval prior to reaching the Provost’s Office.
· All information required for the Provost’s Office to approve the One-Time Payment must be included in the Additional Information section and/or attached at the initiation step of the One-Time Payment business process.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. Navigate to the Employee’s Profile by typing their name or another unique identifier (Chicago ID, SSN, Employee ID, etc.) in the search box at the top of the screen. Click on the appropriate suggested record that appears below the search box, or press Enter to run the complete search, and find the right employee.
a. Use the prefixes worker: or id: to refine the search results. For details on how to use prefixes, review the Workday Search Prefixes Knowledge Base Article.
3. Within the Employee’s Profile, click on the Actions button under the employee’s name and title to display the menu of available Actions. Hover over Compensation and click on Request One-Time Payment.
4. Enter the Effective Date. The Employee field will pre-populate. If an employee has more than one position, then a Position field will be available.
a. Use the hamburger menu (icon with three dots and three dashes) to select the position requiring a compensation change. Select OK.
5. Under One-Time Payment Summary, click the pencil icon to edit and enter the Employee Visibility Date (optional) and Reason.
a. The Employee Visibility Date controls when the employee will be able to see the compensation transaction in their Bonus & One-Time Payment History. This date will default to the Effective Date if one is not entered.
b. If the one-time payment will require on demand payment, ensure that the Reason being selected is in the One-Time Payment > On Demand Payment category.
6. Under the One-Time Payment section select Add. Note: If the one-time payment will require on demand payment, ensure that the Reason being selected is in the One-Time Payment > On Demand Payment category.
a. Choose the One-Time Payment Plan of choice.
i. This should reflect why you are issuing the payment (sign-on bonus, severance, performance, etc.)
ii. For academic employees, select Academic Extra Service.
b. Input the Scheduled Payment Date if it did not auto-fill for you.
c. After you’ve chosen the One-Time Payment Plan an Amount field will populate; input the amount of the one-time payment. Confirm that the Currency is accurate.
d. If On Demand payment is required, make sure the Send to Payroll checkbox is unchecked.
i. This will ensure the process is sent to the Payroll Office for on demand processing and prevent the payment from being included in the regular pay cycle.
e. Under Additional Information add details regarding the reason for the payment. (required)
f. If you need to override the FAS Account and/or Sub Account that is currently assigned, type in the new FAS Account in the Worktags field. The FAS Account must be typed in first, followed by the FAS Sub Account.
7. Once payment information is entered select Submit to route the process for the appropriate approvals.
a. For academic employees, the process routes through the Academic HR Partner and Budget Partner. Final approval routes to the Provost’s Office Academic Compensation Administrator before the payment is complete.