This document provides HR Partners (HRPs) directions on how to terminate a contract for a contingent worker in Workday.
Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· If the contingent worker also has an academic appointment, the End Academic Appointment section will appear as part of the End Contingent Worker Contract business process.
· The information required to complete the process in Workday is:
· Contingent worker name.
· Contract end date.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. Navigate to the Employee’s Profile by typing their name or another unique identifier (Chicago ID, SSN, Employee ID, etc.) in the search box at the top of the screen. Select the appropriate suggested record that appears below the search box, or press Enter to run the complete search, and find the right employee.
a. Use the prefixes worker: or id: to refine your search results. For details on how to use prefixes, review the Workday Search Prefixes Knowledge Base Article.
3. Within the Employee’s Profile, select the Actions button located under their name and title on the left-side of the page. Hover over Job Change and choose End Contingent Worker Contract.
4. The End Contingent Worker Contract screen will display.
a. Enter the Contract End Date by using the calendar icon or typing in a date in the corresponding prompt box.
b. Use the Hamburger Menu (the icon with 3 dots and 3 dashes) to the right of the Reason prompt box to select the termination reason (if not defaulted).
c. Check the Close Position box to close the position in the employee’s former organization. Positions that have an open job requisition cannot be closed.
i. Take into consideration that closing a position is a permanent action. The position will not be available to be backfilled if closed.
d. Check the Is this position available for overlap? box if it is anticipated to backfill the position before it is vacated. This will allow to temporarily put more than one worker in the position.
e. Select the small blue arrow to the left of the Additional Information header to expand this segment and enter the Last Day of Work by using the calendar icon or typing in a date in the corresponding prompt box.
i. If needed, fill out the Secondary Reasons, Notify Worker By, and Regrettable fields.
f. If needed, add any applicable supporting documentation in the Attachments section at the bottom of the screen.
i. Start uploading documents either by choosing Select Files and picking the appropriate file from your computer, or by dragging and dropping the file into the gray box. To insert additional documents, select Upload and add the files. If an incorrect document is mistakenly uploaded, select the Trash Can icon.
ii. Choose the appropriate Category for the document using the Hamburger Menu to the right of the prompt box.
g. Select Submit to complete the business process.
h. If the contingent worker has an academic appointment, the End Academic Appointment process will appear here. Select the To Do button to initiate the process. Use the same end date to end the academic appointment. See the Managing Academic Appointments in Workday Knowledge Base Article for more information on how to end an academic appointment.