This document provides HR Partners (HRPs) directions on how to assign and edit Additional HRMS Department Numbers in Workday.
Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· The Additional HRMS Department Numbers is a free form numeric field. No validation exists on whether the department number exists. These fields will be fed through integrations and may be used in departmental reporting.
· The information required to complete the process in Workday is:
· HRMS Headcount Department Number.
· HRMS Admin Department Number (if applicable).
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. Navigate to the Employee’s Profile by typing their name or another unique identifier (Chicago ID, SSN, Employee ID, etc.) in the search box at the top of the screen. Select the appropriate suggested record that appears below the search box, or press Enter to run the complete search, and find the right employee.
a. Use the prefixes worker: or id: to refine your search results. For details on how to use prefixes, review the Workday Search Prefixes Knowledge Base Article.
3. Within the Employee’s Profile, select the Actions button located under their name and title on the left-side of the page. Hover over Additional Data and choose Edit.
4. The Edit Additional Data dialog box will pop up. Using the Hamburger Menu (the icon with 3 dots and 3 dashes) to the right of the Custom Object prompt box, select All, choose the option Additional HRMS Department Numbers, and select OK.
5. To assign and/or edit the Additional HRMS Department Numbers, type in the HRMS Admin Department Number and/or the HRMS Headcount Department Number in the appropriate fields.
6. Select OK, and then Done to confirm the changes.
7. To view the HRMS Admin Department Number and/or the HRMS Headcount Department Number, within the Employee’s Profile, select Job on the left-side of the page, and go to the Additional Data tab. The numbers will display under the Additional HRMS Department Numbers section.
a. If no information has been entered, these fields will show up as Empty.
b. As an alternative, Additional HRMS Department Numbers can also be assigned or edited from this screen. To do so, select the Edit button.