Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· The Edit Other IDs business process may be initiated as a sub-process of the Hire business process or may be initiated as a standalone business process.
· The Chicago ID is a required field for all employees and contingent workers in Workday.
· It is important that the Chicago ID is entered accurately during the Hire process since this field is used for critical integrations, and if entered inaccurately, will prevent the employee from being able to log in to Workday. The letter in the ID number should always be entered as upper case. It is best to use copy and paste directly from the UCAT prefeed when entering Chicago ID.
· You will need the Employee’s Chicago ID to complete this business process.
· The only other ID that may be populated using this business process is Authorized Signer. All other ID types will populate via integration or will be maintained by a central role.
· When looking someone up in UCAT, you may find that they have a temporary account if they had a contractual, non-employee relationship with the University prior to the current position. You can recognize a temporary account because the CNetID starts with t-9; for instance, Jane Doe might have a temporary account of t-9jdoe. Temporary accounts must not be used in Workday. If you have an employee or contingent worker who appears to have a temporary account, you should prefeed the person from scratch. Do not use the temporary account or the Chicago ID that you find associated with that account in the Workday system, as this can cause serious problems.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. Type employee’s name into the search box at the top of the page and select enter.
a. Search results will populate.
b. Click on employee’s name in blue font to open their profile.
3. Within the employee’s profile select the Actions button; hover over Personal Data and click on Edit Other IDs.
4. Within the Other IDs grid, click the plus sign icon in the top-left corner to add a new row for a new ID.
5. Within the new row, select the applicable ID type under the Other ID Type column and enter the ID number under the Identification # column.
6. Click Submit to mark the process as complete.