This document provides current employees directions on how to apply for a UChicago job in Workday.
Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· You will need to review and update your Career Profile in Workday before submitting your application.
· To apply for a UChicago job you will need an updated resume and keywords to search for positions. Additional documents may be required, depending on the application requirements noted on the job requisition.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. Prior to applying, review your Career Profile to ensure your Job History and Education information is up to date. For detailed instructions on how to update your Career Profile, please review the Updating your Career Profile in Workday Knowledge Base Article.
3. To begin with the application process, select Menu in the top-left corner and choose the Career App.
4. Under the View menu, select Find UChicago Jobs.
5. Search for a position. There are two ways:
a. Search by Keywords:
i. Type your search criteria in the search bar. Select Search.
b. Search by Filters:
i. Using the filters (Full/Part-time, Job Category, Job Family, Job Profile, Organization, Primary Location, and/or Worker Type) on the left, select the criteria. The results will automatically populate.
6. After identifying and choosing a position, select its title to review the job description and job details. Once you are ready to begin the process, select Apply.
7. Your Career Profile will show up first (including information such as Job History, Education, Certifications, etc.). If you need to make any further changes, select the Go to your profile button on the right side of the screen, and follow the steps in the Updating your Career Profile in Workday Knowledge Base Article. After modifications have been made, select your browser's back button to return to the application screen.
8. Once you have confirmed your Career Profile information is accurate, scroll down to the section Resume / Cover Letter, and upload ALL required application materials (e.g., resume, cover letter, writing sample, etc.) listed in the Application Documents section of the job description. Start by uploading the latest version of your resume either by choosing Select Files and selecting the file from your computer, or by dragging and dropping the file into the gray box. To insert additional documents, select Upload and add your files. If you mistakenly uploaded an incorrect document, select the trash can icon.
9. Answer all the questions in the Internal Recruiting Questionnaire.
10. Review each section to confirm accuracy. You will not be able to edit your application once it is submitted. If everything is correct and all required documents have been uploaded, select Submit.
11. To track your application status, select Menu in the top-left corner and choose the Career App. Then, under the View menu, select My Applications.