This document provides Time Approvers directions on how to view and correct time on behalf of a worker in Workday.
Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· Use the Team Time App to view and make changes to the start and end times for a worker. Correcting the time for a worker should be used to:
· Adjust in and out times when the worker was unable, for any reason, to clock in and/or out during time actually worked.
· Amend incorrect time blocks when a worker forgets to check in and/or out.
· Apply premiums and/or overrides as appropriate.
· The information required to complete the process in Workday is:
· Employee’s name.
· Dates of the time entry needing correction.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. From the Home page, select Menu in the top-left corner and further select the Team Time App.
3. Under the Actions menu, choose Enter Time for Worker.
4. To select the employee, either use the Hamburger Menu (the icon with 3 dots and 3 dashes) to the right of the Worker prompt box or type the employee's name directly into this field and press the Enter key.
5. Type in or use the calendar icon to choose the Date and select OK.
6. The timesheet for the selected worker will show up.
a. The dates for the chosen time frame will display in the top left corner of the timesheet. Use the left or right-pointing arrows to move between time periods or select the Today button to navigate to the present day. Select the downward arrow to the right of the chosen dates to open a calendar where days can be manually chosen.
b. Utilize the Week/Day button on the top right corner of the timesheet to toggle between viewing the timesheet by individual days or by weeks.
c. Select the Actions button (also located on the top right corner of the timesheet) to start additional tasks such as Auto-fill from Schedule, Enter Time, Enter Time by Type, Review Time, etc.
d. The timesheet displays time blocks in two distinct sections of the screen:
i. The top section provides information about automatic lunches, vacation, sick and holiday hours, etc. It also shows the time period, pay dates, and any adjustments for rounding.
ii. The bottom section displays time blocks of worked hours that have been clocked in. Each time block lists the time type, timestamp of the clock data, reported quantity, status, and position clocked into (for workers with multiple positions). Time blocks can have four statuses:
1. Not Submitted – These events are identified by a gray stripe on the left side of a gray box filled with a pattern of white diagonal stripes. This status indicates that the time block has been created but not yet submitted to the Time Approver.
2. Submitted – These events are marked by a gray stripe on the left side of a gray box. This status indicates that the time block has been submitted to the Time Approver.
3. Needs Attention – These events are identified by an orange stripe on the left side of a gray box, and a warning icon bearing the message “Needs Attention”. This status indicates that the time block should be reviewed or corrected. It is usually displayed in cases of unmatched time blocks.
4. Approved – These events are marked by a green stripe on the left side of a gray box, and a check icon bearing the message “Approved”. This status indicates that the time block has been approved by the Time Approver.
e. The Summary section is located on the right-side of the timesheet. It shows the totals for Regular Hours, Overtime, Time Off, Unpaid Time Off and Total Time for the chosen timeframe.
f. The Review button at the bottom right corner of the page is used to view the Submit Time confirmation screen with the date range, and total hours, and send the timesheet out for approval.
7. To correct time on behalf of a worker, find and select the specific time block that needs to be changed.
8. The Enter Time dialog box will appear. Fill in the appropriate fields based on the correction(s) that will be made.
a. Use the Hamburger Menu to the right of the corresponding prompt box to select the Time Type.
b. Edit the In and/or Out fields if the entered times need to be corrected.
c. Choose the appropriate Out Reason by selecting one of the options from the dropdown list.
d. If the worker has more than one role, select the correct one by using the dropdown list in the Position field.
9. Select OK to save the changes and return to the timesheet.
10. The corrected time block will now display on the timesheet, and it must be submitted for approval. To do so, select Review on the bottom right-side corner of the page.
11. The Submit Time confirmation screen will appear with the date range, and total hours. Review the details on the screen, and if applicable, enter comments in the Comments section. Then, select Submit. A message indicating the process has been successfully completed will pop up.
12. The timesheet will now display the time blocks with a status of Approved.