This document provides HR Partners (HRPs) directions on how to change an employee’s business title in Workday.
Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· The term “business title” is utilized within UChicago to refer to a customizable title that can more accurately reflect an employee's role. This title could be more specific, or more closely aligned with the internal structure or terminology used within a particular department or unit.
· If the business title has not been previously modified, it will automatically default to the same title as the Job Profile.
· There are no approvals needed for the Change Business Title business process.
· The information required to complete the process in Workday is:
· New business title.
· Effective date of the change of business title.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. Navigate to the Employee’s Profile by typing their name or another unique identifier (Chicago ID, SSN, Employee ID, etc.) in the search box at the top of the screen. Select the appropriate suggested record that appears below the search box, or press Enter to run the complete search, and find the right employee.
a. Use the prefixes worker: or id: to refine your search results. For details on how to use prefixes, review the Workday Search Prefixes Knowledge Base Article.
3. Within the Employee’s Profile, select the Actions button located under their name and title on the left-side of the page. Hover over Job Change and choose Change Business Title.
4. The screen Change Business Title will display.
5. Enter the Effective Date by using the calendar icon or typing in a date in the corresponding prompt box.
6. Enter the proposed Business Title in the designated field.
7. Select Submit to complete the business process. A message indicating the process has been successfully completed will pop up.