Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· Biweekly employees are responsible for reporting their time (this category includes staff, students, and temporary workers). All biweekly workers can use Workday to record their time, report absences, view accruals, and request time off. These workers can be classified into three groups:
· Web clock users – These employees check in and out directly from the Timely Suggestions section on the Workday Home page, or by accessing the Time App.
· Time clock users – These workers record their time by swiping their UChicago cards at a time clock device.
· Timesheet users – These employees record their worked hours via a timesheet.
· If time corrections are needed from the worker Send Back the submitted time entry.
· The Send Back option should only be used for timesheet users. All other workers will not have the ability to correct their time once submitted.
· This option will not restrict the time from being paid, whether the corrections are made or not.
· Time Approvers can correct time entries on behalf of a worker. For instructions on how to do this, please refer to the Viewing and Correcting Time for a Worker in Workday Knowledge Base Article.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
a. If the task is delegated, choose Switch Account in the email to view and approve the task of behalf of a colleague.
i. To determine if one is in delegation mode look for a blue banner at the top of the page displaying On Behalf Of.
b. If the task is not delegated, open the Time Entry.
a. The All Current Time table defaults as collapsed. To expand this table, select the More Options icon as represented by an arrow pointing right.
5. If all time entries are accurate, select Approve to complete the process.
6. If time entries require correction, select Send Back, fill in the To and Reason fields, and select Submit.
a. Worker will need to make time corrections and then resubmit time to start the process over.