This document provides Time Approvers directions on how to assign a work schedule for a worker in Workday.
Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· Workers who have a lunch time built into their schedule will have this time automatically deducted on their timesheet. For workers without a lunch time built into their schedule, separate time blocks for the periods before and after their meal must be populated.
· The information required to complete the process in Workday is:
· Employee’s name.
· Assigned schedule dates.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. From the Home page, choose Menu in the top-left corner and select the Team Time App.
3. Under the View menu, choose My Team’s Schedule.
4. Type in or use the calendar icon to select the Date.
5. To select the appropriate employee, either use the Hamburger Menu (the icon with 3 dots and 3 dashes) to the right of the Worker prompt box or type the employee's name directly into this field and press the Enter key.
6. Select OK.
7. The schedule for the selected worker will show up. At the bottom of the screen, select the Add Event button and choose the option Assign Work Schedule.
8. The Assign Work Schedule page will appear.
a. Use the Hamburger Menu to the right of the Worker prompt box to select the employee or type in the employee's name directly into this field and press the Enter key.
b. Type in or use the calendar icon to the right of the corresponding fields to enter the Start Date and the End Date (if necessary).
i. It is recommended to leave the End Date field blank so that workers will not have an empty schedule. This will help avoid any overlapping schedules for future correction. However, this can potentially cause issues with premiums, such as working on unscheduled days for applicable union workers.
c. Choose from the list of available schedules by using the Hamburger Menu to the right of the Work Schedule Calendar prompt box.
i. If the schedule designated overlaps with an existing schedule, an orange alert will pop up. While it is possible to proceed with the process with this type of error, Time Approvers should be aware of these conflicts to make the appropriate adjustments when needed.
9. Select OK to assign the schedule, which will now display in the employee’s schedule from the chosen start date and up until the end date (if any was selected).