Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· The Return Worker from Leave business process will automatically kick off based on the Estimated Last Day of Leave date established during the Request Leave of Absence business process and target the HR Partner.
· If the employee is returning on a different date other than the Estimated Last Day of Leave date, this process can be manually initiated. Contact the Leave of Absence Administration team at firstname.lastname@example.org before manually initiating this process as they may need to adjust leave time that was entered into Workday.
· To complete this business process, you will need to know the following:
· Date of the first day returned to work for the worker.
· Copies of any applicable medical or disability documentation.
· If compensation is changing, the new compensation information.
· If Leave is FMLA, a medical release to return to work, with or without restrictions, is required.
· If work restrictions are required, they should be detailed on this release.
1. The HRP will receive a Review Return from Leave of Absence task in their Workday inbox the day before the Estimated Last Day of Leave set during the LOA request process.
a. If this task is received, skip to step 4.
b. If this task is not received, proceed to step 2.
2. Within the Employee’s Profile, click on the Actions button under the employee’s name and title to display the menu of available Actions. Hover over Time and Leave and click on Return Worker from Leave.
3. The Worker on Leave field will auto-populate. If worker is incorrect, use the hamburger menu to change workers. Once correct worker is selected click OK.
4. In the Return Worker from Leave window, enter the First Day Back at Work using the calendar icon.
5. The Leaves Returned From table displays any leaves the worker is currently on or is scheduled to take in the future.
a. Under the Select column, checkmark the leave that requires returning and uncheck any leaves that do not require returning.
b. Under the Actual Last Day of Leave column, enter the applicable date using the calendar icon.
6. If applicable, select Supporting Documents to expand the section and add attachments.
a. Within the Supporting Documents table select the plus-sign to add a row.
b. In the new row choose Attach and use the file explorer to add any supporting documents.
i. Add as many rows as needed to attach all supporting documents.
7. Select Submit/Approve. A new window will appear confirming submission.
8. If another window with a Review button populates, select the button to be brought into the Review from Leave of Absence screen. Review the LOA details and supporting document(s) and select Approve to route the process to Leave Administrators for review.
9. Once approved, the HRP receives a Change Work Location To Do. Follow the Managing Work Location in Workday Knowledge Base Article to complete these steps. Be sure to return to the To Do to click Submit.
10. Also once approved, the worker receives a Request Accommodation To Do.
a. If the worker does not need any accommodations, they can skip this To Do by clicking the Submit button.
11. After the worker submits any requested accommodations the HRP receives a Review Accommodation To Do. If necessary, review documentation from doctor regarding accommodations and then click Submit.
12. Next, the HRP receives an Assign Roles to Worker task to re-assign or remove roles. Once applicable changes are made, click Submit to complete the process.
13. For academic workers, if compensation was previously adjusted for a Partial Pay Academic Leave of Absence you will need to return the compensation to the Full Pay amount using the Request Compensation Change process.