Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· Due to the implementation of Workday in January 2015, payslips issued prior to 1/1/2015 are no longer available.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. Click Menu in the top-left corner and select the Pay application.
3. Under View select Payslips.
a. You can also access an individual payslip under the Payslips section of this page. Once you access a payslip from this section it will return you to the My Payslips page.
4. Within the My Payslips page you will see a table of all your payslips, including the Gross Amount, Net Amount, and the ability to View or Print the payslip.
5. Viewing a payslip will display the payslip in its entirety. See the Understanding Your Payslip section of this document for a breakdown of each portion of a payslip.
6. Printing a payslip will generate a PDF version of your payslip that can be printed.
a. To print multiple payslips at once, select View instead of Print and then select the Print Multiple Payslips button at the top of the page. You will be prompted to input a date range and can exclude net zero payslips, if needed.
1. On the Payslip you will see the following:
a. Company Information
b. Payslip Information
i. Includes the Employee Name & ID, the Pay Period Begin & End Date, and the Check Number & Date.
c. Current and YTD (Year To Date) Totals
i. Includes the Current and YTD Total amounts for the following:
· Hours Worked
· Gross Pay
· Amount before taxes, benefits, and other payroll deductions are withheld.
· Pre-Tax Deductions
· Employee Taxes
· Post-Tax Deductions
· Net Pay
· Amount after taxes, benefits, and other payroll deductions are withheld.
i. Includes a list of all Earnings received during the pay period. A Description of each Earning is provided as well as the Dates, Hours, Rate, current Amount, and YTD amount.
e. Employee Taxes
i. Includes a list of all taxes paid by the employee. A Description of the tax, the current Amount, and the YTD amount are included.
f. Pre-Tax Deductions
i. Includes a list of deductions withheld from wages before tax is applied. This reduces the amount of income that an employee must pay taxes on. A Description of the tax, the current Amount, and the YTD amount are included.
g. Post-Tax Deductions
i. Includes a list of deductions withheld from wages after tax is applied. These have no impact on taxable income. A Description of the tax, the current Amount, and the YTD amount are included.
h. Employer Paid Benefits (if applicable)
i. Includes a list of benefits paid for by the employer. If applicable, a Description of the benefit, the current Amount, and the YTD amount are included.
i. Taxable Wages
i. Includes a list of wages that must have income tax withheld. A Description of the tax, the current Amount, and the YTD amount are included.
i. Includes information about federal tax withholding, which is used to determine the amount of income tax an employer withholds from each paycheck. A Description of the withholding, the Federal, and the Work State information are provided.
k. Payment Information
i. Includes the direct deposit information for payment delivery. The Bank name, Account Name & Number, and the Amount in Pay Group Currency & Pay Group Currency are listed.
2. There are several codes on your payslip used to list your deductions. Refer to this table for a definition of each code. If you have any questions regarding your payslip, please submit an Ask a Payroll Question through our Services Portal.