Reviewing and Approving Mass Time in Workday
This document explains how Time Approvers can review and approve time for multiple workers at once using the Review Time business process in Workday.
Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
Keep in Mind
· Time Approvers can only mass Review Time for workers within the supervisory organizations they manage. This process is not available for workers outside of their assigned supervisory organizations.
· Human Resource Partners cannot complete the mass Review Time process.
· The following information is needed to complete this business process:
· Worker name
· Pay Period
· To review and approve submitted time routed through a Workday inbox task, please see the Approving Entered Time in Workday Knowledge Base article for instructions.
- Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
- Using the search bar located at the top of the Workday homepage, enter Review Time and select the enter key to populate search results.
- Select the Review Time report under the Tasks and Reports category.
- A new Review Time window will appear. Within this window complete the following:
- Date – auto populates to today’s date.
- Review my direct reports only
- If submitter is both the Time Approver and Manager over Supervisory Organization(s) in question:
- This checkbox will be available and checked. Workers field will be unavailable because direct reports will populate on the next screen.
- Unchecking this box does open the Workers field for selection.
- If submitter is ONLY the Time Approver over Supervisory Organization(s) in question:
- This checkbox will be unavailable, and the Workers field will be available.
- Workers – only available if submitter is not the Manager over Supervisory Organization(s) in question.
- Use the Hamburger Menu (icon with three dots and three lines) to select each worker requiring time review. Multiple workers can be selected at once.
- To select all workers from the list, scroll to the bottom of the list and with the Shift button held on the keyboard, select the last worker on the list. All workers should then be selected.
- Worker Type (optional) – further filter population between Contingent Workers or Employees.
- Leaving this field blank will pull in both worker types, if applicable.
- Employee Type (optional) – further filter population by type of employee such as, Academic Faculty, Staff, Student, etc.
- Leaving this field blank will pull in all employee types, if applicable.
- Show – select one of the following:
- All Workers
- Workers with Hours to Approve
- Workers with Unsubmitted Hours
- Select OK to proceed.
- A new page will appear displaying time details for workers selected during step 4.
- At the top of this page the current time period dates display.
- To change the time period requiring review and approval, select the Previous Period or Next Period buttons immediately below the current time period dates.
- Expand the Search Criteria section by selecting the More Options icon as represented by an arrow pointing to the right.
- Search Criteria displays all the options selected during step 4 such as Date, Worker Type, Employee Type, etc.
- Below the Search Criteria section is a list of the following:
- All Workers – number of workers selected.
- Workers with Submitted Time – number of workers who have submitted time.
- Workers with No Time Entered – number of workers who have not entered time.
- Workers with Unsubmitted Time – number of workers who have not submitted time.
- Within the Time Period Summary table is a breakdown of each employee’s time within the given period.
- Worker Name
- Unsubmitted Time (Total) – Number of hours not submitted.
- Submitted Time (Total) – Number of hours submitted.
- Approved Time (Total) – Number of hours approved.
- Comments – optional, may or may not contain information.
- Regular Hours (Breakdown) – Number of hours worked at a regular payrate.
- Overtime Hours (Breakdown) – Number of hours worked at an overtime payrate.
- Paid Time Off (Breakdown) – Number of time off hours being covered by paid time off.
- Unpaid Time Off (Breakdown) – Number of time off hours not being covered by paid time off.
- Total Hours (Breakdown) – Total aggregated hours.
- Review the Time Period Summary table. Select each worker under the Worker Name column to View Absence Balances, view Daily and Period Totals, and to Enter Time for Worker (used to edit time on behalf of the worker).
- Note: Use the left arrow at the top of the page (to the left of the # of # indicator) to return to the report. Use the up and down arrows on the top-right to navigate through each worker.
- After each worker has been reviewed, on the left-hand side of the table, checkmark workers to be included in the mass time approval and select Approve.
- To select all workers, click the checkbox at the very top of the table.
- A confirmation page will appear indicating the time period and the number of workers time has been approved for.
- Under the Do Another header is the option to complete another Review Time.
- Under the Related Links header is the option to complete an Enter Time for Worker.
- The Time Not Approved table displays workers that did not have time approved.
- The Time Approved table displays workers that did have time approved.
- Select Done to finish the process and to return to the page displaying time details.