This document provides Time Approvers directions on how to apply premiums or bonuses for a worker in Workday.
Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· In many cases, Workday will automatically assign overtime and premiums based on specific hours and days worked. For example, some workers may receive a Sunday premium if any portion of their shift falls on a Sunday. However, certain premiums cannot be determined by the time segment alone, so they must be manually designated by the Time Approver.
· Full-day premium codes apply to employees who spend all or a portion of their day working in a different job role. Workers eligible for these premiums will receive a higher pay grade for the full day worked.
· Worked day overrides can be assigned to time segments where an eligible worker is called into work during their normal off-time. Such workers will receive a higher pay grade for the additional hours worked. Examples of these premium types include Interrupted Vacation, Call Back (Emergency), Call In Early, Worked on Personal Holiday, etc.
· Workday will only display premium options for workers who are eligible for them.
· Time approvers should refer to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for their specific union for a list and instructions of when to apply any premiums.
· The information required to complete the process in Workday is:
· Employee’s name.
· Type of premium applicable.
· Dollar amount of premium applicable.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. From the Home page, select Menu in the top-left corner and further select the Team Time App.
3. Under the Actions menu, select Enter Time for Worker.
4. To select the employee receiving a premium, either use the Hamburger Menu (the icon with 3 dots and 3 dashes) to the right of the Worker prompt box or type the employee's name directly into this field and press the Enter key.
5. Type in or use the calendar icon to choose the Date and select OK.
6. The timesheet for the selected worker will show up. Select anywhere on the timesheet to open a time block.
7. The Enter Time dialog box will appear.
a. Use the Hamburger Menu to the right of the Time Type field to choose the appropriate premium being applied.
i. Select Lump Sum Premium or Higher Grade Differential.
b. Enter the premium amount in the Dollars field.
8. Select OK to add the premium to the timesheet. The status will display as Not Submitted.
9. Select the Review button on the right-side of the page to submit the entry for approval.
10. The Submit Time confirmation screen will appear with the date range, and total hours. Review the details of the screen and then select Submit. A message indicating the process has been successfully completed will pop up.