This document provides employees directions on how to enroll or make changes to their elections for the Supplemental Life Insurance, Spouse Life Insurance, Child Life Insurance, or Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) plans after completing initial (new hires, recent transfers/promotions to a benefit eligible position, etc.) or annual enrollment, or outside of a qualifying life event.
Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is required if you are electing Supplemental or Spouse Life Insurance for the first time, or if you are increasing your coverage. EOI is not required for Child Life Insurance or Personal Accident Insurance.
· If EOI is required, the insurance plan provider will contact you via US mail, and benefits will take effect on the date EOI is approved.
· You have 90 days to complete and return your EOI for your election to be approved.
· Please visit UChicago Intranet | Benefits for more information about these plans.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. From the Home page, select Menu in the top-left corner and choose the Benefits App.
3. Under the Change menu, select Benefits.
4. Using the Change Reason dropdown menu, choose Life Insurance/PAI Change.
a. Carefully read the Instructions located on the right side of the screen.
5. Type or use the calendar icon to select the Date of Change Request.
a. Changes to life insurance plans cannot be backdated or take effect retroactively.
6. Select the Submit button.
7. You will see a dialog box pop up with the next task (Change Benefit Elections) to complete. Select Open.
a. If you don’t select Open and the dialog box disappears, navigate to your Inbox by selecting the mail icon in the top-right corner of the page, and then choose the Benefit Change – Life Insurance/PAI Change task on the left side of the screen.
8. Select the Let’s Get Started button.
9. In the Life Insurance/PAI Change page, you will see 5 sections:
i. Basic Life Insurance – You will not be permitted to make any changes to this section. All benefits eligible employees are automatically enrolled on their date of hire or benefits eligibility date.
ii. Supplemental Life Insurance.
iii. Spouse Life Insurance.
iv. Child Life Insurance.
v. Personal Accident Insurance.
10. To change your elections, select either Enroll or Manage under the appropriate section.
11. Using the option buttons in each section, choose either Select or Waive to make your elections.
12. Select Confirm and Continue.
a. If you’re waiving coverage, the system will take you back to the Life Insurance/PAI Change page.
b. If you’re selecting a coverage:
i. Use the Hamburger Menu (the icon with 3 dots and 3 dashes) to the right of the Coverage prompt box, to indicate the coverage level by choosing one of the options from the dropdown menu.
ii. For Supplemental Life Insurance, and Personal Accident Insurance, add one or more beneficiary persons or trusts using the Plus (+) icon.
1. If you have already created beneficiaries or if you checked the Use as Beneficiary box when creating your dependents, they will be available to select by going to the Existing Beneficiary Persons option. Otherwise, use Add New Beneficiary or Trust to create new beneficiaries.
a. Fill out the fields with your beneficiary person information. First Name, Last Name, Relationship, and Address are required fields for submission and must have a value. To enter an address, go to the Contact Information tab.
b. You may add as many beneficiary persons or trusts as you wish, but the sum of Percentages must be equal to 100% for both Primary Beneficiaries and Secondary Beneficiaries.
iii. For Spouse Life Insurance, Child Life Insurance, and Personal Accident Insurance (if family coverage is elected), make sure to select the checkbox next to the name of your existing dependents so that they will be covered under the plan.
iv. Once you have chosen your coverage level, selected the appropriate dependents (if necessary), and designated beneficiaries, select Save to return to the Life Insurance/PAI Change page.
13. Once you have made your elections, select the Review and Sign button.
14. Review the information, taking note of your Selected Benefits (including Dependents and Beneficiaries), Waived Benefits and Messages section indicating if EOI is required or not.
15. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, read the Electronic Signature section, and check the I Accept box.
16. Select Submit to complete the process. Once you have chosen this option, the event will be routed to a Benefits Specialist for approval.
17. Select the View Benefits Statement button to print your elections for your records.
18. Once your request is approved, you can look up this information by doing the following:
a. Select Menu in the top-left corner of screen and choose the Benefits App.
b. Under the View menu, select Benefit Elections.