This document provides Time Approvers and HR Partners directions on how to correct unmatched time events for a worker in Workday.
Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· Use the Team Time App to make changes to the start and end times for a worker. Correcting the time for a worker should be used to:
· Add an In time if the worker did not check in.
· Add an Out time if the worker did not check out.
· Delete any check ins or check outs entered in error.
· The information required to complete the process in Workday is:
· Employee’s name.
· Dates of unmatched time event (check in or check out).
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. From the Home page, select Menu in the top-left corner and further select the Team Time App.
3. Under the Actions menu, select Enter Time for Worker.
4. To select the employee, either use the Hamburger Menu (the icon with 3 dots and 3 dashes) to the right of the Worker prompt box or type the employee's name directly into this field and press the Enter key.
5. Type in or use the calendar icon to choose the Date and select OK.
6. The timesheet for the selected worker will show up.
7. In the top section of the timesheet, locate and select the unmatched time event, which may be labeled Unmatched Check-in or Unmatched Check-out. These events are identified by an orange stripe on the left side of the box and a warning icon bearing the message “Needs Attention”.
8. The Correct Unmatched Event dialog box will appear. Fill in the appropriate fields based on the correction(s) that will be made.
a. If the employee did work this time, adjust the In and/or Out fields to reflect their check in and/or check out times.
b. Choose the appropriate Out Reason by selecting one of the options from the dropdown list.
c. If the worker has more than one role, select the correct one by using the dropdown list in the Position field.
d. If the employee did not work this time, and checked in or out in error, select the Delete Clock Event button at the bottom of the dialog box.
9. Select OK to save the changes and return to the timesheet.
10. If the unmatched event is deleted, it will no longer appear in the timesheet. If corrected, the time block will now display on the timesheet and must be submitted for approval. To do this, select Review located at the bottom right corner of the page.
11. The Submit Time confirmation screen will appear with the date range, and total hours. Review the details on the screen, and if applicable, enter comments in the Comments section. Then, select Submit. A message indicating the process has been successfully completed will pop up.
12. The timesheet will now display the time blocks with a status of Approved.