This document provides Time Approvers directions on how to waive a lunch for a worker in Workday.
Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· There may be situations when lunch breaks need to be changed to worked time or even paid absence time.
· For workers who have a lunch break built into their schedule, this time will be automatically deducted on their timesheet. To correct time that falls within a lunch break, the automatically generated lunch on the schedule needs to be removed by introducing a time block called Waive Lunch.
· After entering the Waive Lunch time block, manually adjust the worker's time as required.
· For workers without a lunch built into their schedule, Time Approvers will need to input separate time blocks for the periods before and after the employee's meal break.
· The information required to complete the process in Workday is:
· Employee’s name.
· Dates of worked time.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. From the Home page, select Menu in the top-left corner and further select the Team Time App.
3. Under the Actions menu, select Enter Time for Worker.
4. To select the employee, either use the Hamburger Menu (the icon with 3 dots and 3 dashes) to the right of the Worker prompt box or type the employee's name directly into this field and press the Enter key.
5. Type in or use the calendar icon to choose the Date and select OK.
6. The timesheet for the chosen worker will appear. To open a new time block, select any blank space on the timesheet, or select the Actions button, located on the top right corner of the timesheet, and choose Enter Time from the dropdown options.
7. The Enter Time dialog box will appear. Fill in the appropriate fields based on the correction(s) that will be made.
a. Select the Hamburger Menu to the right of the Time Type prompt box and choose Waive Lunch.
b. If the worker has more than one role, select the correct one by using the dropdown list in the Position field.
c. Fill in the Hours field with the duration of the worker's lunch break to override the automatic lunch deduction on the timesheet. Completing this step will remove the existing lunch break. If the worker took their lunch break in a different increment, that duration should be reflected in the time block.
8. Select OK to save the changes and return to the timesheet.
9. The waived lunch will now display on the timesheet, and it must be submitted for approval. To do so, select Review on the bottom right-side corner of the page.
10. The Submit Time confirmation screen will appear with the date range, and total hours. Review the details on the screen, and if applicable, enter comments in the Comments section. Then, select Submit. A message indicating the process has been successfully completed will pop up.
11. The timesheet will now display the waived lunch time block with a status of Approved.