Not what you are looking for? Use the button below to visit our Library and find the information you need!
|Library of Workday Knowledge Base Articles
· If you are electing benefits for the first time, please see the Enrolling in Benefits for the First Time in Workday Knowledge Base Article. Do not follow the process outlined in this article because it is not to be used by employees who are benefits eligible for the first time (new hire, recent transfer/promotion to a benefits eligible position, etc.)
· You have 31 days from the date of a life event to enroll in or change your benefit elections.
· If you do not enroll within the 31-day window, your next opportunity to enroll in benefits is during Open Enrollment, or if you experience another qualifying life event.
· If you are adding or modifying dependents, you must provide social security numbers, dates of birth, and addresses for those individuals. Proof of relationship is required for all dependents.
· You will need to provide supporting documentation for your qualifying life event. Accepted documents include:
· Birth/Adoption - birth certificate or adoption documents
· Marriage/Civil Union Partnership - marriage or civil union certificate
· If you have divorced your spouse or dissolved your domestic or civil union partnership, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your divorce decree/dissolution agreement.
· Gain of Other Coverage - letter or documentation from the new insurance company indicating you have gained medical coverage through another plan.
· An insurance card is not acceptable documentation.
· Loss of Other Coverage - certificate of credible coverage
· A written certificate issued by a group health plan or health insurance issuer (including an HMO) that shows your prior health coverage (creditable coverage)
· For additional details about Health Savings Accounts, please visit the Health Savings Accounts page on the UChicago Intranet.
· For additional details about Flexible Spending Accounts, please visit the Flexible Spending Accounts page on the UChicago Intranet.
· For more Benefit Plan information, please visit the HR Benefits webpage.
1. Log into Workday using your CNET ID and password.
2. Click Menu in the top-left corner and select the Benefits application.
3. Under Change select Benefits.
a. Do NOT select Beneficiaries or Dependents.
4. A Change Benefits window will appear; select the Change Reason dropdown menu and choose the appropriate life event.
a. If you are updating your medical benefits due to moving out of the geographic coverage area, select Address Change – Medical Network as the Change Reason.
b. If you currently have an HSA and simply want to modify your contribution, select HSA Change as the Change Reason.
5. Type or use the calendar icon to select the date of the life event.
a. If you are entering a Loss of Other Coverage event, the Coverage Begin Date is the day after the last day covered under previous insurance.
6. Select Submit.
7. Up next you must complete a new Change Benefit Elections task which will appear as a breadcrumb at the top of the page or can be located in your Workday inbox.
a. To access the task by breadcrumb, select the Open button within the breadcrumb and click Let’s Get Started.
b. To access the task by Workday inbox, locate the benefit-related email and click Let’s Get Started.
1. Enroll in or change your Medical, Dental, and/or Vision elections by clicking Enroll (if you didn’t select an election during initial/annual enrollment) or Manage (if you did select an election) on the appropriate card.
a. If you are already enrolled in an existing healthcare plan, you may NOT change to a different plan as part of a qualifying life event (except in the case of Address Change - Medical Network). You must wait until the annual Open Enrollment period to change plans.
2. Click Select for the Health Care plan you would like to enroll in and hit the Confirm and Continue button to proceed to the next screen, where you can add your dependents, if necessary.
a. Note the displayed cost of plans assumes coverage for Employee Only.
3. In the Coverage field, use the hamburger menu (the icon with three dots and three dashes) to indicate the coverage level (i.e., Employee Only, Employee + Spouse, etc.).
4. If you are listing a dependent for the first time, click the Add New Dependent button.
a. It is recommended that you select the Use as Beneficiary checkbox to avoid duplicate entries of dependents, should you decide later to designate them as a beneficiary under the Life Insurance plans.
b. The following information is required to create a new dependent: First Name, Last Name, Relationship (Spouse, Child, etc.), Date of Birth, Gender, National ID, Address, and Phone Number.
c. Click Save.
5. Once you have added all dependents you wish to cover, make sure to select the checkbox to the left of each of their names so that they will be covered under the plan and click Save.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for Dental and Vision, if desired. You will not need to create a new dependent once you have added your dependent for the first time.
1. If you are enrolled in the Blue Cross Blue Shield HDHP Maroon Savings Choice Plan and would like to modify contributions to your Health Savings Account (HSA), click Manage under the Health Savings Account card.
2. Click Select for the HSA plan you wish to modify. Click the Confirm and Continue button to proceed to the next screen.
3. On the next screen, indicate the amount you would like to contribute to your HSA Per Paycheck or Annually. Click Save.
1. If you would like to enroll into or change contributions to your Flexible Spending Account, click Enroll (if you didn’t select an election during initial/annual enrollment) or Manage (if you did select an election) under the appropriate FSA card.
2. Click Select for the FSA plan you wish to modify. Click the Confirm and Continue button to proceed to the next screen.
3. On the next screen, indicate the amount you would like to contribute to your FSA Per Paycheck or Annually. Click Save.
1. All benefits-eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the Basic Life Insurance plan. There is no option to waive this benefit.
2. To make changes to your beneficiaries, please review the Changing Beneficiaries in Workday Knowledge Base Article.
1. If you would like to enroll into or modify any additional insurance plans, such as Supplemental Life Insurance, Spouse Life Insurance, Child Life Insurance, or Personal Accident Insurance, click Enroll (if you didn’t select an election during initial/annual enrollment) or Manage (if you did select an election) under the appropriate card.
2. Click Select for the insurance plan you wish to modify. Click the Confirm and Continue button to proceed to the next screen.
3. On the next screen, indicate the coverage level in the Coverage prompt box.
a. For Supplemental Life Insurance, select 1X Salary, 2X Salary, etc.
b. For Spouse Life, Child Life, or Personal Accident Insurance, select $10,000, $20,000, etc.
4. Click the Plus Sign under Beneficiaries to add one or more beneficiary persons or trusts.
a. If you checked the Use as Beneficiary box when creating your dependent(s), they will be available to select. Otherwise, use Add New Beneficiary or Trust to create a new beneficiary person or trust.
5. After all beneficiaries have been added you must input the Percentage allocation for each beneficiary under Primary Beneficiaries and Secondary Beneficiaries. You may add as many beneficiary persons or trusts as you wish, but the sum of Percentages must be equal to 100% for both Primary and Secondary Beneficiaries.
6. Select Save. If Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is required, the insurance provider will contact you.
1. If you wish to enroll into or add a life event to your Long-Term Disability Insurance election, click Enroll (if you didn’t select an election during initial/annual enrollment) or Manage (if you did select an election) under the appropriate card.
a. If you are currently waiving coverage, elect either the Basic OR Optional Long-Term Disability Insurance plan. Elect only ONE (1) plan. Evidence of insurability will be required; your election will be effective upon approval of EOI.
b. If you are currently enrolled in the Basic LTD plan and want to increase coverage to the Optional plan, remain enrolled in the Basic plan AND enroll the Optional plan. Elect BOTH plans. Evidence of Insurability will be required. You will continue with coverage under the Basic plan until approval of EOI, when your coverage will change to the Optional plan.
c. If you are currently enrolled in the Optional LTD plan and want to decrease coverage to the Basic plan, waive the Optional plan and enroll in the Basic plan. Evidence of Insurability is not required when decreasing coverage. Your election will be effective on the event date.
1. Click Review and Sign once you have made all desired benefit elections.
2. A View Summary page will appear with a review of the changes you’ve made. Review Selected Benefits, Dependents, Beneficiaries, Waived Benefits, and Messages regarding Evidence of Insurability.
a. If EOI is required, the insurance provider will contact you.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will need to provide supporting documentation for your qualifying life event. Please see the Keep in Mind section of this document for a list of accepted documents.
4. Checkmark the box that states I Accept and select Submit.
5. A new window will appear where you can either select Done to close out of the business process or you can select View (Year) Benefits Statement to print a copy of your benefit elections.
a. If you are printing your elections, select Print and then (once your document is exported) further select Download to view a PDF version of this information.
b. Once you click Submit, the event will be routed to a Benefits Specialist for approval. You will be able to view your updated benefit elections on your Workday profile once they are approved, as long as the effective date has passed. If Evidence of Insurability is required, you will be able to view your updated insurance elections once EOI has been approved.